The CEO Forum Group released its list of “10 CEOs Transforming Healthcare in America” on May 24, according to Forbes.
The list is based on interviews conducted between August 26, 2020 and April 30, 2021 by Robert Reiss, Forbes contributor and founder and CEO of the forum group, and his team.
Reiss said the winners “have created new value to improve health care and society” and their best practices focus on accessibility of care, culture and partnerships. Each CEO was assigned a category defining their value to the healthcare ecosystem.
Here are the 10 most transformative CEOs for healthcare in America, listed alphabetically and by category, according to the report:
1. Greg Adams, President and CEO of Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA): Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
2. Lucinda “Cindy” Baier, President and CEO of Brookdale Senior Living (Brentwood, Tenn.): Seniors
3. Michael Dowling, President and CEO of Northwell Health (New Hyde Park, NY): Wellness
4. Sandra Fenwick, former CEO of Boston Children’s Hospital (retired March 31): Pediatrics
5. Robert Garrett, CEO of Hackensack Meridian Health (Edison, NJ): Innovation
6. Kate Gutmann, UPS Director of Sales and Solutions, who also oversees UPS Global Healthcare (Atlanta): Supply Chain Logistics
7. Marc Harrison, MD, President and CEO of Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City): Whole Health
8. Asma Ishaq, CEO of Modere (Springville, Utah): health and beauty e-commerce
9. Marc Plumart, CEO of Healthcare and Seniors Worldwide, Sodexo (Washington, DC): Services
10. Craig Powell, CEO of Motus (Boston): Trending Technology